The Parent Teacher Association is a committee of parents and staff, which supports the work of the school by:
- providing activities which will foster and develop relationships between staff, parents, governors and others associated with the school.
- providing and supporting educational and social activities for children in order to enrich and extend the opportunities which can be made available.
- providing funds for a range of additional resources.
The committee meets once every half term. We have some formal positions - Chair, Secretary and Treasurer and parents who act as representatives for each class - as well as any other interested parents.
The current committee is:
|Vice Chair:||Alison Zandi|
|Class 1 Representative:||Jeni Prettyman|
|Class 2 Representative:||Elisabeth Sneade|
|Class 3 Representative:||Vanessa Neville|
|Class 4 Representative:||Alison Zandi|
All the meetings are open to any parent who wants to attend. We re-elect the PTA committee each autumn, and are always interested in recruiting new members. It is a great way for parents to get involved in the school in a very positive way, as well as being very sociable. Information can be obtained from any of the committee members.
Fundraising events we organise include:
- Summer fair on Jesus Green
- Cake sales
- Ice lolly sales after-school in the summer
- Quiz night
- Advent and Easter teas with craft activities, raffles and sales
Non-profit events we organise include:
- Welcome tea for new parents during the Autumn term
- Supporting school sports day by providing refreshments for the children
If you do any shopping on-line please use the Schoolfunds website and you can earn points for our school! You will also receive exclusive discounts not even available on the retailer's own websites. You simply need to go to the website, choose Park Street as your school of choice and then select your chosen retailer's website. There are over 500 retailers including Tesco, Early Learning Centre, Amazon, e-bay, John Lewis and Toys 'R' Us.